How to Make the Most of Your Online Language Class
In this video, I’ll be sharing 8 tips on what you can do before, during and after a lesson to get the most out of any online language class.
I’ve been teaching and receiving lessons for years in different languages and I’m instilling all my lessons and mistakes into this short video for you today. I really hope you find something of value here.
If you want some help on finding a language partner, watch this older video.
8 Tips for Online Language Classes
Before the lesson
1. Ensure you have a good internet connection (check here) and test webcam and microphone
2. Have the right mindset (positive self-talk) – Mistakes are encouraged, challenge yourself to use harder words
3. Warm up before the lesson. Get your brain used to the language.
4. Write down an intention for the lesson – some phrases and words to use
5. Prepare some topics to talk about. You could talk about your weekend, plans, a hobby, describing photos, practice a grammar point, etc.
During the lesson
6. Focus on conversation. Don’t get bogged down in the grammar and rules.
After the lesson
7. Don’t just rely on teachers. Study in between lessons too.
8. Reflect on the lesson. How was the length? Did the teacher do a good job?
Let me know your lesson experiences in the comments.